Join Maximo Nivel for an interesting Human Right Internship in Latin America focused on social justice and human empowerment and immerse yourself into an international community, learning about the impact of culture, social values, gender and ethnicity.
For similar opportunities go to: International Organization
Organization: Maximo Nivel was funded in 2003. It the leading organization in study abroad and educational travel in Latin America. It is an internationally-accredited organization with 4 local institutes in 3 of the world’s most beautiful countries: Costa Rica, Guatemala and Peru.
The most important role is to bring structure, organization and quality service to the internship program. We work with more than 5,000 students, volunteers, clients, and travelers every year. Our success is based on our commitment to quality and the highest level of client service. At Maximo Nivel, we continuously invest in professional staff and first-class facilities to ensure you have a great experience!
We follow the Standards of Good Practice from the Forum on Education Abroad and the Forum’s Code of Ethics for Education Abroad.
Duty Station: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Peru
Open To: those strongly interested in social fields like development, equality, justice, human rights and social responsibility. In particular, they are looking for people with international background.
Timeframe: not given
Deadline: open all the year
Job description: the trainee will contribute to work with change agents and other social workers and he will help with community outreach, education, research and fundraising.
Wage/Fees: according to the different destination programs, candidates can find different fees on the website.
Application process: if you want information only, you can use the contact form or you can schedule a live call with a program advisor. To apply now for your program fill out the registration form here: Application Form
Useful information: if your Spanish language skills are not at this level, the organization offers online Spanish classes in order to bring your skills up to the appropriate level and ensure your success. You can also find other amazing internship opportunities in other fields: education, hospitality & tourism, medical, micro- business, special education, veterinary science and customized internships. In addition, you can apply for Volunteer Programs concerning Eco- Agriculture, Animal Care, Medical & Healthcare, Teaching English, Construction, Sea Turtles Conservation and so on.
Useful links: Link to the Human Rights Internship
edited by Federica Poli
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org
GovRisk is looking to recruit two project development interns for its Latin America Division as part of its Remote Autumn Internship Scheme, running from August 20 until the end of December.
For more similar opportunities visit our section International organizations
Since 2010 the International Governance and Risk Institute (GovRisk) has provided high quality consultancy and training programmes to public and private sector institutions from more than 30 countries. They offer a wide variety of programmes covering specific topics within the broader fields of financial crime, corruption, risk management and governance. Consultancy work and training courses are designed to give participants highly practical and tailored guidance on how to incorporate international best practice techniques in their professional duties. Programmes are accompanied by a training toolkit to enable attendees to subsequently replicate the course within their own institutions. GovRisk additionally provides, from its UK-based secretariat, extensive post-programme support to public agencies seeking to monitor and evaluate project impact.
Duty station: remote
Timeframe: August 27 - December 21, 2017
Deadline: not specified
Open to: Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in politics/international relations/development/law or other relevant field
Description: GovRisk is a U.K-based anti-corruption and financial crime service provider, specialising in the delivery of highly targeted and expert led international training programs. We currently have an exciting portfolio of projects across Latin America. Internships at GovRisk offer the opportunity for individuals to further their career goals while helping GovRisk combat corruption and improve transparency worldwide. As many international relations/politics/law/security/governance graduates discover, salaried opportunities are limited, consequently competition for such positions is great. By gaining valid work experience with GovRisk graduates can increase their potential for employment considerably. GovRisk is looking to recruit two project development interns for its Latin America Division as part of its 2017 Remote Autumn Internship Scheme, running from August 20 until the end of December. Applicants should have a demonstrable background in international politics, law or security, determined research skills and a keen interest in gaining practical experience in project development with a particular emphasis on Latin America.
The successful candidates will help the team to implement existing projects as well as to develop and expand its work in the region. This internship therefore presents an ideal opportunity to develop an understanding and gain practical experience of best practice in project development. The successful candidates must be able to commit to at least three days per week and must have reliable internet access, as this is a remote internship programme.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
- Conduct country-specific research for anti-corruption and financial crime initiatives.
- Gather information, report back, and disseminate information on funding sources and procedures to GovRisk colleagues.
- Assist with narrative and financial proposal writing, and follow up on donor feedback.
- Work with Project Development Manager to prepare reports and other documents for donors, both narrative and financial.
- Work with Project Development Manager to prepare press releases for GovRisk programmes.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities for ongoing programmes.
- Promote and maintain effective communication with line manager.
- Ensure that programme files (electronic copy), are maintained within an agreed system, to allow easy access by other staff.
- Attend staff meetings, and Board meetings if required.
- Carry out other tasks, which may reasonably be requested
- Bachelor’s degree in politics/international relations/development/law or other relevant field.
- Knowledge and understanding of corruption issues.
- Specialist interest in the political, economic and security trends in Latin America.
- Ability to produce clear and concise analysis of such events.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent word processing, Word, and Internet skills.
- Initiative and a high degree of self-motivation.
- A positive problem-solving approach.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle different demands and priorities.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Positive team-worker, supportive and helpful towards colleagues.
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of preparing UK FCO, DFID, EC, USAID, Big Lottery Fund funding proposals and reports.
- Experience of working independently at a distance from Head Quarters and projects.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
Wage: non paid
Useful links: GovRisk
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible nor liable for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization
Edited by Anja Herbez