Apply as a young Duty Officer and make your way into an international career!
For more opportunities go to International Organizations
Organization/Company: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - is the main organization in the world committed to saving human lives, protect the rights of millions of refugees, displaced or stateless people, and to constructing a better future for them, as shown by UNHCR Charter.
The organization works in 127 countries all over the world and takes care of more than 60 million people. UNHCR’s mandate is to guide and coordinate refugees’ protection and to take action in order to grant them their welfare.
The Agency works to ensure that everyone can exercise their right to asylum and be accomodated safely in another State.
Along with governments, UNHCR helps refugees get back home or find a safe accomodation in the State they found refuge.
The Agency is constantly looking for highly-talented and compassionate candidates to strengthen their ability to quickly respond to crisis with the right competences. Given the nature of UNHCR’s work, it is essential that its workforce possesses the right mix of ability and quality to fulfill the mandate.
Duty Station: Several locations
Open To: Everyone with an advanced degree in Law, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
Timeframe: Not mentioned
Deadline: 29 June 2018
Job description: UNHCR's Division of External Relations is looking for talented interns to join their team. Typical functions may include:
- Keeping track on the activities development to prepare appropriate reports, briefings and information notes, and other documentation as requested
- Liaising with all Units in order to collect accurate data on refugees and assistance activities
- Strengthening and analysing implementation programme’s data and indicators (e.g. nutrition, health, water, sanitation and hygiene) to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports
- Working closely with the information management staff and GIS, as requested, to ensure presentation, charts and effective data maps
- Preparing and sharing reports of coordinating briefing
- Preparing requested information on UNHCR’s activities for missions and visitors
- Helping in providing visibility to UNHCR Government’s contributions
- Drafting and controlling reports
- Draft reports and financial reports about subsidies, in accordance with donors’ specific requirements
Qualifications: General for all levels:
- Demonstrated editing and drafting skills in English, or the official language of the Office you are going to work for
- Detailed knowledge of UNHCR’s operational activities, assistance and protection programmes, financing needs and strategic priorities
- Comprehension of the challenges of field operations, projects implementation’s problems and trading restrictions with local authorities and third parts
- Familiarity with UNHCR’s budget structure and tracking qualifications of relevant donors
- Experience in fundraising, programme management or external relations with UNHCR or another UN Agency could be an asset
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiating capacities
- Excellent command of English, and of another one of the UN languages (written, oral, comprehension) and highly-developed editing skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential)
For P2 positions:
- Advanced degree in Law, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
- A minimum of 2-year working experience (3 years for Bachelors) in external affairs, relations with donors, political defence and programming, in humanitarian activities and protection
- Excellent command of English
For P3 positions:
- Advanced university diploma in Journalism, Jurisprudence, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience (6 years for Bachelors) in external affairs, relations with donors, political defence and programming, in humanitarian activities and protection
- Excellent command of English
Wage/Fees: Not mentioned
Application process: You can apply here.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Via A. Caroncini, 19
Tel: +39 06 802121
edited by Ruino Martina Pia
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
The world of journalism and broadcasting is your passion? Would you like to work for one of the world's largest information companies? This is the opportunity for you, apply now!
For Other similar opportunities visit our section Other Opportunities
Organization: Cable News Network (CNN) is an American basic cable and satellite television news channel owned by the Turner Broadcasting System, a division of Time Warner. CNN was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel. Upon its launch, CNN was the first television channel to provide 24-hour news coverage, and was the first all-news television channel in the United States
Duty Station: London
Open to: Students possessing the requirements
Job Description: Selected candidates will be required to perform the following tasks:
For “News Internship” position:
Primary responsibilities include research, fact-checking, transcribing footage, assisting on shoots, contributing story and show ideas, attending planning and creative meetings and sourcing images and footage
For “Digital Internship” position:
Responsibilities include research, producing content in the CMS and assisting the team on the homepage and other platforms. There may be opportunities to write
Requirements: Ideal candidates must have the following requirements:
For “News Internship” position:
Candidates should be detail-orientated, have strong writing and research skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and have the confidence to pitch story ideas and potential guests to show producers
For “Digital Internship” position:
The successful candidate will have a strong and broad knowledge of international affairs, understand digital journalism (including SEO and social), have a meticulous eye for detail and be able to work under pressure
Salary: not specified
Application Process: To be able to apply, you must download the specific location form to which you want to access and send the documentation to the indicated mail. Modules for different positions and their mail can be found directly on the vacancy page (see "Useful Links")
Edited by Gregory Marinucci
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization
Rome International Careers Fair 2017
The annual appointment with the International Careers Fair, held in Rome, has come also this year with many stands organized by different Italian Universities and international companies. Every year, since 2015, they all gather in UNINT (Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma) with one main purpose which is share their programs and give new opportunities to young students.
Among the stands many Universities can be found, such as Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Università degli Studi di Messina and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, that are trying to widen their boundaries to foreign students by introducing new international courses in their campus.
Obviously, there is also a stand for the University hosting the fair, handing their pamphlets about all the courses. However, at the fair there are also many international associations and companies, many of them are no-profit associations, such as Save the Children, Medici senza Frontiere (Doctors without Borders) and also Telefono Azzurro. The aim they want to reach is to raise awareness among people about important humanitarian problems around the world. A great surprise were all those international associations, such as ES Italia, promoting language courses abroad, an academy year abroad and also Summer Schools with many destinations to choose. We all know that the best way to learn a foreign language is to live it in its country and among native speakers.
An other great opportunity is given by AIESEC, which promotes work experiences and internships programs abroad. Students choosing this program can opt for marketing, business, teaching programs, everything that could suit students' greatest ambitions. All these programs can last from three months to one year, in order to give the participants the time and opportunity to gain experience and start their career.
After a walk around all the expositions and talking to the volunteers from various associations, it can be said that this is a great opportunity for all young people and students who dream to work in an international environment and want to expand their chance to have an exciting career.
According to the Director of the online magazine OFCS.Report, Francesca Musacchio, nowadays Journalism is facing a great challenge following the changes due to new media of communication appeared during the last years.Their project, she explained, is a challenge and gives a new and fresh point of view in the field of journalism. In fact, the main goal of this magazine is to experiment new editorial lines and policies allowing young journalists to be the protagonists of their own reportage. This is a new kind of communication that combines several formats and fuses together the reality in their videos with new media, such as Internet and Social Networks. They could be defined as an hybrid, since, as the Director claimed, they write on printed paper but they are not just a newspaper, they use videos but they not consider themselves as a Television programme or a Radio programme. They are all this, and much more.The main slogan of OFCS.Report, “La percezione della sicurezza” (“The Perception of Security”), perfectly reflects their main topic, which is talking about everything and everyone they think is worth focus on. This online magazine is divided in four macro-areas, that discuss International Relations, Economics, Artistic Heritage and Wellness. According to their statistics, 60% of OFCS.Report users read the International Relations section, and they are aged among roughly 20 years and 40 years.The greatest perks of this newest project is that, unlike Television Journalism, there are not space and time limits thanks to the web. In fact, they can examine in depth any topic they are interested in and when they want to. For instance, their aim may be to film or write an investigative report on various topics, as the US Presidential Elections held in 2016. Although their goal is to create a new point of view for journalism, they can not avoid the most important rules of this field, such as not spreading fake news (a real and complicated problem for journalism in our era).Director Musacchio concluded her intervention asking one intriguing question, “have you heard the music and songs playing outside? Did you ask yourselves what are these songs for? Who would like to find out and film a report about it?”. Questions, she explained, led by her own curiosity about the intriguing music. Curiosity must be the main input in journalistic field, since journalists must look for news and the truth everyday and, most importantly, verify it.Martina Fedeli