Women for Women International is looking for an associate to insert in the Monitoring and Evaluating Office in Washington. Don’t miss this opportunity and submit your application!
For more opportunities go to International Organizations
Organization/Company: Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped more than 478,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. The organization serve women in 8 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Women increase their ability to earn an income with new skills that are in-demand. They learn about their legal rights, and they become knowledgeable about health and nutrition. The result: stronger women, stronger families, and stronger communities. This ripple effect is profound.
Women for Women International delivers our programs through the generous support of individual, corporate and foundation donors, partners, and governments. Recognized for its global impact Women for Women International was honored with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize in 2006, and receives favorable ratings from independent charity groups.
Duty Station: Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Open To: candidates who meet the requirements
Timeframe: full-time for 8 months. Starting date not specified
Deadline: not specified
Job description: Women for Women International is looking for Monitoring & Evaluating (M&E) Associate to assist the M&E Officers with the data collection, data entry and import, data cleaning, data analysis and reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The M&E Associate reports to the M&E Officer within the Global Programs Unit. The position is full-time for 8 months with the potential for extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- support the M&E Officers with data collection, entry and import tasks
- help review data for accuracy, catch outliers and errors and help solve errors in M&E database
- assist with running calculations to select random samples for M&E surveys
- support with data review, the creation of charts and graphs, and writing grant or internal report narratives
- perform data cleaning and improve efficiency, accuracy and quality of analysis processes
- lead event planning and coordination for MERL Global Workshop in November and support their team
- schedule and support regular MERL meetings
- other administrative tasks as needed
- a BA/BS degree in economics, statistics, public policy, international development, or other related science or social science fields preferred
- training in quantitative data collection and analysis methods required
- one to three years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferred
- proficiency in Stata preferred
- familiarity with SQL considered a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, a desire to learn, and an inquisitive mind
- excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work efficiently and to deadlines
- willingness and eagerness to learn about international development, women’s issues, measurement, monitoring and evaluation, data cleaning and analysis.
- passionate about women’s rights and development issues
Wage/Fees: planned but not specified
Application process: to submit your application visit the page of the job offer
Women for Women International, Global Headquarters
2000 M Street, NW
Washington DC 20036
edited by Ludovica Mondati
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.