Apply as a young Duty Officer and make your way into an international career!
For more opportunities go to International Organizations
Organization/Company: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - is the main organization in the world committed to saving human lives, protect the rights of millions of refugees, displaced or stateless people, and to constructing a better future for them, as shown by UNHCR Charter.
The organization works in 127 countries all over the world and takes care of more than 60 million people. UNHCR’s mandate is to guide and coordinate refugees’ protection and to take action in order to grant them their welfare.
The Agency works to ensure that everyone can exercise their right to asylum and be accomodated safely in another State.
Along with governments, UNHCR helps refugees get back home or find a safe accomodation in the State they found refuge.
The Agency is constantly looking for highly-talented and compassionate candidates to strengthen their ability to quickly respond to crisis with the right competences. Given the nature of UNHCR’s work, it is essential that its workforce possesses the right mix of ability and quality to fulfill the mandate.
Duty Station: Several locations
Open To: Everyone with an advanced degree in Law, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
Timeframe: Not mentioned
Deadline: 29 June 2018
Job description: UNHCR's Division of External Relations is looking for talented interns to join their team. Typical functions may include:
- Keeping track on the activities development to prepare appropriate reports, briefings and information notes, and other documentation as requested
- Liaising with all Units in order to collect accurate data on refugees and assistance activities
- Strengthening and analysing implementation programme’s data and indicators (e.g. nutrition, health, water, sanitation and hygiene) to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports
- Working closely with the information management staff and GIS, as requested, to ensure presentation, charts and effective data maps
- Preparing and sharing reports of coordinating briefing
- Preparing requested information on UNHCR’s activities for missions and visitors
- Helping in providing visibility to UNHCR Government’s contributions
- Drafting and controlling reports
- Draft reports and financial reports about subsidies, in accordance with donors’ specific requirements
Qualifications: General for all levels:
- Demonstrated editing and drafting skills in English, or the official language of the Office you are going to work for
- Detailed knowledge of UNHCR’s operational activities, assistance and protection programmes, financing needs and strategic priorities
- Comprehension of the challenges of field operations, projects implementation’s problems and trading restrictions with local authorities and third parts
- Familiarity with UNHCR’s budget structure and tracking qualifications of relevant donors
- Experience in fundraising, programme management or external relations with UNHCR or another UN Agency could be an asset
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiating capacities
- Excellent command of English, and of another one of the UN languages (written, oral, comprehension) and highly-developed editing skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential)
For P2 positions:
- Advanced degree in Law, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
- A minimum of 2-year working experience (3 years for Bachelors) in external affairs, relations with donors, political defence and programming, in humanitarian activities and protection
- Excellent command of English
For P3 positions:
- Advanced university diploma in Journalism, Jurisprudence, International Relations, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or relevant sectors
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience (6 years for Bachelors) in external affairs, relations with donors, political defence and programming, in humanitarian activities and protection
- Excellent command of English
Wage/Fees: Not mentioned
Application process: You can apply here.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Via A. Caroncini, 19
Tel: +39 06 802121
edited by Ruino Martina Pia
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.