The UN unit in Nairobi seeks for active students to take part in their project. Join now!
For more opportunities go to International Organization
Organization/Company: The United Nations Office at Nairobi, the UN headquarters in Africa, was established by the General Assembly in 1996. The office is headed by a Director-General, at the Under-Secretary-General level, serves as the representative office of the Secretary-General in Nairobi and performs representation and liaison functions with permanent missions, the host-country and other Governments, and intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations in Nairobi, as well as other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya; facilitates cooperation between the United Nations and regional organizations; provides administrative and other support services to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat); provides joint and common services to other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya, as applicable; and manages and implements the programmes of administration, conference services and public information and provides security and safety services for United Nations staff and facilities in the United Nations Office at Nairobi.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Open To: To students who are currently enrolled in at least the final year of a first university degree programme or in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) programme at the time of application, or if they have graduated, can commence their internship within a one-year period after graduation.
Timeframe:The Internship is for a minimum period of two months and a maximum of six
Job description: The purpose of the United Nations internship programme at Headquarter in Africa is twofold:
- to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the United Nations through assignment to offices within the Secretariat in order to enhance their educational experience and gain experience in the work of the United Nations and
- to provide United Nations offices with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Qualifications: Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of
application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined at the first step above) and
- if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation
Wage/Fees: Not specified
Application process: To apply for any of the open internship vacancies, kindly log onto the United Nations Careers Portal. Note that due to a large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Upload with your online application, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your degree. Please ensure that an official letterhead or an official seal is used for the proof of enrollment. Candidates are advised that their online applications will not be processed without proper and adequate endorsement.
UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT NAIROBI
Nairobi, Kenya 00200
Telephone: +254 20 7621234
edited by Daniela Esposito
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.