Do you aspire to work in The United Nations? The specialized agency, ICAO, is seeking an intern for the Air Navigation Bureau (ANB)! Apply now and start your international career!
For similar opportunities click here!
Organization: The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations and it was created after the Chicago Convention in 1944 when President Roosevelt invites the world to work on a a new convention for international aviation. ICAO's strategic objectives are: Safety, Security and Infrastructure and Environment, so it insures the safe and orderly growth of international civil aviation throughout the world, encourages the arts of aircraft design and operations for peaceful purposes and promotes safety of flight in international air navigation. ICAO works with experts from States, International Organizations and other specialized agencies of the United Nations to define the principles and techniques of international air navigation and adopt protocols for any air accident. The Air Navigation Bureau (ANB) provides technical expertise in aviation-related disciplines to States, industry and all elements of the Organization. The Bureau is also responsible for maintaining and implementing the Global Aviation Safety Plan (GASP) and Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP).
Duty Station: Montréal, Canada
Open to: Graduates and current students
Timeframe: Internship will start after February 3, 2017
Deadline: February 3, 2017
Job Description: Successful candidate will work in the Air Navigation Bureau (ANB) supporting the development, implementation and reporting of the technical assistance projects and activities. Under the supervision of the Technical Officer, the intern will:
- support the development and management of technical assistance projects for States and Organizations
- support Aviation Safety Implementation Assistance Partner (ASIAP) activities
- support Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP) programme activities and others regional implementation activities
- support the Runway Safety Programme
- support website management of the SAFE, ASIAP, Safety Collaborative Assistance Network (SCAN) and NGAP
- edit reports, presentations, web pages, databases, project documents, guidance documents, etc
Qualification: Applicants should have the following qualifications
- have completed or be enrolled in a second-level university degree programme in a field of study related to aviation, engineering, project management, international relations or other related study
- be fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English
- have a working knowledge of an additional language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) would be a plus
Wage/Fees: Not provided
Application process: Interested candidates must complete an on-line application form on ICAO’s e-Recruitment website, and attach a recommendation letter from the University
Link at the call
999 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard, Montréal, Quebec H3C 5H7, Canada
Tel.: +1 514-954-8219
Fax: +1 514-954-6077
Edited by Marta Della Monaca
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible nor liable for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.