The Democratic Progress Institute offers internships in the following teams: Programmes Team, Legal Research Team and Operations Team
Organization/Company: The Democratic Progress Institute (DPI) is an independent NGO, established in consultation with a group of international experts in the field of conflict resolution and democratic progress. The Institute aims to provide skills, combining practical and research approaches to broaden the base of a wider public involvement in promoting peace and democracy building.
Duty Station: London, UK
Open To: Students and Graduates
Timeframe: Depending on the necessities
Description: The Democratic Progress Institute (DPI) provides internship in three sectors.
- Programmes Team: this internship involves a wide range of functions according to the specific skills of the candidate. The tasks may include: policy research, legal research, event organization and logistics, administration, fundraising, editorial activities, proofreading and editing
- Legal Team: this internship involves assisting the Legal Officer in cases before the European Court of Human Rights and submitting to the various international and regional protection mechanisms
- Operations Team: this internship involve closer cooperation with the Operations Officer of the various tasks that are essential for directing an office. Among the main tasks include administrative tasks, budgeting, recruitment process.
General: you are not required specific requirements
Legal: The ideal candidate should:
- To have a law degree (minimum level LLB)
- A demonstrable interest, knowledge and experience in the international law of human rights.
- Know English perfectly
They will be considered assets:
- A degree in Human Rights, International Law, or in similar sectors
- Excellent knowledge of French and / or Turkish language
In addition to a curriculum vitae and cover letter presentation of about 2 or 3 page written sample on any area of interest to the applicant would be looked upon favorably although not essential.
They are not required specific requirements
- Operations: are not required specific requirements
Wage/Fees: DPI provides our volunteers with a small daily stipend for lunch, and continuously look for ways to offer valuable experiences such as professional networking opportunities and career development guidance. You might even get the opportunity to travel with our permanent staff.
11 Guilford Street
London WC1N 1DH
Tel. +44 0203 206 9939
Edited by Christopher Allevi
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible nor liable for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.