Are you interested in working for an International Organization? Are you willing to embark on a challenging opportunity that will enrich your personal as well as your professional experience? If so, consider applying for an internship at FAO!
Organization: FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) is an agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate agreements and debate policy. Moreover, FAO is a source of knowledge and information, helping developing countries to modernize and improve their agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security
Duty Station: Several options within FAO’Headquarters and its decentralized offices worldwide
Open to: Students and young graduates under 30
Timeframe: 3-6 months
Deadline: None – Selection process open throughout the year
Job description: The Organization offers several options to provide hands-on opportunities for students or young graduates to learn more about what FAO does. Tasks will be different according to each field of study
- no more than 30 years of age
- be recent graduates or students in a recognized university or graduate school programme and have completed at the very least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to the work of FAO
- working knowledge of English, French or Spanish is required. Knowledge of one of the other two, or Arabic, Chinese or Russian, is an asset
- must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother, or sister
Wage/fees: Stipend from FAO up to the amount of US $700
Interested candidates can apply online through iRrecruitment in three easy steps:
1) Create the Personal Profile Form (PPF) online in iRecruitment
2) Attach a letter of motivation
3) Apply to the vacancy: "IRC3038: Call for Interest: Internship Programme"
Eligible applications will be retained for a maximum period of six months. Only successful candidates will be contacted by FAO.
For iRecruitment user guidelines, please refer to the application toolkit
Get more info about the internship
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome, Italy
Tel: (+39) 06 57051
Edited by Tatiana Camerota
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.