The United Nations Environment Programme is looking for a Local Administrative Assistant at the Argentina’s Transparency Framework on GHG Inventories and Mitigation.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
Duty Station: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Open To: Candidates must be native in Spanish and possess University degree in financial administration or equivalent.
Timeframe: Not mentioned but the expected duration is 6 months, renewable for another period of 6 months.
Deadline: 22 November 2019
Job description: The Global Environment Facility-Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (GEF-CBIT) in cooperation with the Argentinian government enhances Transparency Framework by means of improving the accuracy, completeness and consistency of its GHG inventories, and increasing its capacities to domestically track and evaluate mitigation measures and related finance support received, as well as generating the technical inputs needed for a medium and long-term planning contributing to improve climate related decision-making in the country. In order to achieve this objective, the Argentina’s GEF-CBIT project, which was approved in July of 2019, is organized in three components:
- National and subnational GHG inventory System;
- Domestic tracking of mitigation actions and support received;
- Medium and long-term projections.
The Local Administrative Assistant - Argentina’s Transparency Framework on GHG Inventories and Mitigation will report to Chief Technical Advisor and to the National Directorate of Climate Change (NDCC)/Government Secretariat of Environment and Sustainable Development of Argentina.
Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency’s most important contribution will occur by strengthening Argentina’s reporting capacities so as to adequately comply with the requirements of the transparency framework through the new reporting format under the Paris Agreement: the Biennial Transparency Reports (BTR). In order to carry out the activities of Argentina’s CBIT project it requires the hiring of a Local Administrative Assistant to support the administrative, financial and procurement activities of the project, ensuring alignment with the activities and other projects of the National Directorate of Change Climate (NDCC).
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience with financial administration of projects with international financing;
- Experience working with UN Environment procurements procedures is desired;
- Experience using UMOJA system is desired;
- Verifiable professional experience in administrative task and inter-sectorial arrangements;
- Experience working with environmental topics or global climate change issues in particular is desired;
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with public sector; private or civil society organizations.
- The candidate must be native in Spanish and have excellent writing, reading and editing skills in English.
- Verifiable knowledge of IT tools such as Microsoft Office;
- Relationship skills with public and private sector officials;
- Capacity to work within an interdisciplinary team;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to climate change mitigation and adaptation planning, and intergovernmental climate change negotiations is desirable;
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Experience in teamwork, with recognition in the field of their specialty to cooperate with consultants of other specialties;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Consultant must be based in Buenos Aires (required);
- Consultant with Argentine nationality will have priority - parity of experience and knowledge;
- Consultant must have availability to travel within Argentina and abroad as needed.
Wage/Fees: Not mentioned
Application process: Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in Online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant.
Useful links: UN Careers Job Detail
Contact Information: UN Careers Support
edited by Elisa Basile
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org