Interpret and translate from at least two FAO languages into at least one other a variety of FAO meetings and official documents as well as publications and participate in terminology decisions.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Meetings Programming and Documentation Service . The Meeting Programming and Documentation Service (CPAM) is responsible for meeting scheduling and programming, and for the provision of interpretation, translation, terminology and printing services. In particular it ensures the provision of interpretation for FAO meetings in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish, translation into the languages of the Organization and final typing of translated documents. It is responsible for meetings programming and forecasting, scheduling and monitoring documentation and publications for meetings, and coordinating requests for translation, provision of reference and terminology services, organization of non-FAO meetings and reproduction of documents.
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Open To: Interpreter-Translator
Timeframe: 11 months
Deadline: 13 November 2019
Job description: Interpret and translate from at least two FAO languages into at least one other a variety of FAO meetings and official documents as well as publications and participate in terminology decisions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interpret both simultaneously and consecutively from at least two of the Organization’s languages into at least one of the Organization’s other languages including English;
- Translate from at least two of the Organization’s languages into at least one of the Organization’s other languages technical papers and studies, background papers and reports, periodical publications and official correspondence;
- Collaborate with internal interpreters, translators and revisers as well as with terminologists, in defining new terminology;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Linguistic Studies or Translation and/or diploma from an internationally recognized interpreter/translator school
- Three years of relevant experience in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and translation
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of one of the Organization’s languages, which should be the candidate’s mother tongue, and working knowledge of at least two other languages of the Organization
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting translation services of international organizations.
- Familiarity with the FAO documentation, terminology and the reference work.
- Familiarity with terminology research work
Wage/Fees: Not mentioned
Application process: To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Useful links: Apply Online
edited by Elisa Basile
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org