If you, like Street Child, believe that achieving universal basic education is the single greatest step that can be taken towards the elimination of global poverty, this is your chance to make a difference.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and their families the sustainable means to keep them there. In order to achieve its objectives, Street Child has adopted a strategy that focuses three key areas that help children to realise their rights, in particular to a good basic education, by running projects focused on a combination of education, child protection and livelihoods support.
Duty Station: Barcellona, Spain
Open To: Spanish/Italian/French/German/Dutch/Danish native speaker
Timeframe: Starting February 2020, 6 months but 5 or 4 months can get discussed
Deadline: Not specified
Job description: With this stage you will gain valuable experience for your CV by working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. Street Child will also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+.
More specifically, you will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are some examples of the responsibilities, but you will spend 60% of his/her time on the first 2 tasks:
- Fundraising research: find and contact new funding prospects including trusts, foundations and major donors.
- Foundations proposal writing: write funding proposals for trusts and foundations using knowledge of previous, current and upcoming Street Child projects.
- Marketing and Communications: promote local and international events, update the website, manage digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
- Volunteer coordination: manage the existing volunteer base and help recruit new volunteers to the network.
- Business development: build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
- Event management: support planned events and develop new ideas.
- Key characteristics: self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
- Areas of university studies, include but are not limited to: marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics, or global affairs.
- Skills: excellent communication skills in a professional manner via telephone and email. A native Spanish/Italian/French/German/Dutch/Danish level and professional English skills are required.
Useful informations: Providing a letter of recommendation from a previous professional experience is a plus. Due to the office set-up, it is recommend that you bring your own laptop to work.
Useful links: Street Child homepage
edited by Maria Laura Lo Cicero
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org