HRW is recruiting! Apply now and be part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all. Support their team and gain relevant experience in this sector. What are you waiting for?
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Duty Station: New York
Open To: students or graduates with a bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations and other sectors
Timeframe: from mid-September 2019 to mid-April 2020
Deadline: not specified
- Assist in the administrative follow-up of major organizational fundraising, cultivation, and outreach events such as the New York Annual Dinner;
- Organize logistical aspects of events by maintaining key spreadsheets, processing gifts, preparing solicitation and acknowledgement materials, organizing and shipping event materials, etc.
- Update the NY Committee Facebook page with relevant impact updates;
- Support daily activities for HRW’s New York committees, donors, and prospects including conducting research on individual and foundation prospects using various online tools to prepare donor solicitation strategies;
- A bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, or a related field is strongly desired. Applicants currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields will be considered;
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is desirable;
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are highly desirable.
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required;
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are necessary;
- Database experience is strongly preferred, and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable;
- Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Wage/Fees: not specified
Application process: Interested candidates can proceed with the application by clicking “Apply now” and creating their own account
edited by Valentina Murace
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org