Are you currently studying Political Science or recently graduated? Oxfam America is looking for candidates like you for their office in Washington, DC. You could join their Campaign Team and support their work to fight global poverty.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: Oxfam is a global organization working to end the injustice of poverty. Oxfam’s approach is about tackling the conditions that cause poverty in the first place, rather than the distribution of material goods.
Duty Station: Washington, DC
Open To: The ideal candidate should have, or be pursuing, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Political Science, International Affairs, or a related field, or have equivalent work experience.
Timeframe: This job offer is expected to start July 2019 and end in December 2019.
Deadline: not specificated.
- Support the Campaigns team in the coordination and logistics of events and moments as needed;
- Provide logistic, administrative, and technical support to special projects and campaigns as needed;
- Conduct research that will support the campaigns as needed;
- Track information and measure impact of program work;
- Draft communication documents for internal and external purposes.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Works effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work;
- Performs all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect;
- Becomes familiar with and committed to Oxfam America’s mission and goals;
- Time Commitment: 35 hours/week.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Interest and knowledge of issue and advocacy campaigning;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Strong organizational skills, professionalism, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Interest in global social justice issues;
- High level of personal energy and commitment;
- Familiarity with Access database and Excel spreadsheets is helpful;
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an excellent listener, and a good organizer with a strong commitment to social justice.
- Knowledge of the field of international development and human rights;
- Ability to write and speak another language.
Application process: fill the form on the job offer webpage with your personal data, CV and other useful documents.
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org