The International Rescue Committee gives you the opportunity to work as an Intern in Sacramento, USA. Apply to be part of the HOPE (Human Trafficking Outreach, Prevention and Education) program and provide foreign victims of human trafficking with assistance, including housing and food.
Organization: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) provides assistance for people victims of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. It helps them to gain access to primary health care and education while providing its clients from all over the world with cash, safe places and access to education.
Duty Station: USA - Sacramento, CA
Open To: Current college students and graduate less than 2 years post-graduation who possess strong interpersonal skills and interest in human rights
Timeframe: Not specified.
Deadline: Open until removed from the recruiting organization's website.
Job description: The intern working at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) will coordinate with staff to ensure the provision of the appropriate services. IRC personnel will also conduct interviews to identify qualified clients to be enrolled in the HOPE program and track necessary services to be delivered to them. As part of the anti-human trafficking department, interns will occasionally train community members on identifying victims of human trafficking.
- Current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than 2 years post-graduation;
- Strong verbal and written skills in Spanish, Tagalog, Mandarin, or Russian desirable, but not required;
- Driver's license, vehicle, auto insurance and clean driving record are necessary;
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work sensitively with clients, partners, and colleagues in a cross cultural, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Enthusiastic about helping others, and the desire to meet high needs of clients;
- The ability to think creatively and problem-solve effectively;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines; the ability to think creatively and problem-solve effectively;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including outlook, word and excel;
- Preferred, but not required skills: Social Media, Design, and Web Development.
Wage/Fees: The Internship is not remunerated, although work related driving is eligible for reimbursement at the charitable mileage rate
Application process: Applicants should send their application by filling the appropriate application form
International Rescue Committee (IRC) website
Visit the page of the offer.
International Rescue Committee
122 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10168-1289
Phone: + 1 212 551 3000
Fax: + 1 212 551 3179
Office hours in New York are 9am to 6pm ET Monday through Friday
edited by Valentina Murace
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org