RomeMUN is one of the largest United Nations simulations in Europe, joining young leaders from different parts of the world in one global forum where they meet to discuss concerns of the international community and give innovative solutions to deal with the most controversial issues in the political scenario worldwide. It is held in Rome, one of the most stunning cities in the world, where the Roman Empire governed all its provinces for centuries. The historic archaeological ruins create a fascinating atmosphere that surrounds the whole city and the events that take place there.
In this incomparable scenario, RomeMUN celebrates in March 2019 its 10th anniversary edition, a very special occasion to experience such an important conference in its maximum. This Model of United Nations is part of the International Careers Festival, a networking event between brilliant young minds, institutions, companies, NGOs, and international organisations. The 4th edition of the International Careers Festival will take place from 9 to 12 March 2019 in Rome, including not only the Model of United Nations, but the Rome Press Game, the Rome Business Game and the International Careers Course.
It is supported under the patronage and support of the major international institutions located in Rome as United Nations agencies or as offices of the Italian Government. It allows the encounter of 2000 delegates from around the world, prestigious guests, and an innovative approach to foster great involvement and debate from the youth on current international issues, guided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The objective is giving a practical scenario for public speaking, negotiation, leadership skills, team building, and capacity to draft official international documents, in a multicultural environment with participants from over 100 countries in the world.
Every simulation needs the cooperation of a fantastic group of people who guide the committees we are representing and guiding delegates in the objectives that we pursue in our conference. This is why we are opening the positions as Chairs or Officials for the special upcoming edition of RomeMUN.
The main tasks of Chairs/Officials will be:
- Representing RomeMUN before and during the event
- Promoting the conference and contacting MUN clubs and other MUNs to develop partnerships and encourage delegations to apply
- Drafting the Study Guides about the committee, the main topic and its subtopics
- Participating in three online sessions in February to get in touch and solve doubts from delegates
- Chairing committee sessions during the conference in Rome (9-12 March 2019).
The benefits of being Chair/Official will be:
- Coverage of the conference fee, including lunches during the conference days, shuttle to and from the conference venue, participation in all the social events, and conference materials.
- Free accommodation from 8 to 12 March 2019 in one of the official hotels of RomeMUN 2019 in a double room with continental breakfast.
- Partial refund of the round-trip flight or train tickets for attending the conference, depending on the region you are travelling from.
The first selection will be based on received applications. Selected candidates will be contacted by mid-September to arrange a Skype call with the goal to get to know better the candidate, his or her motivations and experience.
Please take into consideration that you should not communicate with the Secretariat unless you have any doubt, as only the applications submitted through the form indicated above would be taken into consideration, NOT by email. However, if you want any clarification on the process or on any of the parts of the form feel free to contact the Secretary-General Pablo Sánchez Rodríguez.
Pablo Sánchez Rodríguez
Secretary-General of RomeMUN 2019