Are you a young graduate searching for a challenging experience in a stimulating and dynamic EU Agency? Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge in one of the areas within EFSA’s remit? Are you interested in being part of a rewarding mission in multinational settings? Look no further and apply for a traineeship at EFSA
For more opportunities go to Europe
Organization/Company: EFSA is a European agency funded by the European Union that operates independently of the European legislative and executive institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament) and EU Member States.
It was set up in 2002 following a series of food crises in the late 1990s to be a source of scientific advice and communication on risks associated with the food chain. The agency was legally established by the EU under the General Food Law - Regulation 178/2002.
The General Food Law created a European food safety system in which responsibility for risk assessment (science) and for risk management (policy) are kept separate. EFSA is responsible for the former area, and also has a duty to communicate its scientific findings to the public.
Duty Station: Parma, Italy
Open To: students with bachelor degree
Timeframe: EFSA will welcome trainees in two main intakes, according to availability and business needs: 1st November 2018 and 1st February 2019
Deadline: 23 July 2018
Job description: As a trainee you will contribute to the general activities of the Agency, through a rewarding and challenging experience.
Under the supervision of your traineeship adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get a first-hand experience into the workings of a scientific EU Agency, developing new competencies and skills in line with your personal interests and professional aspirations
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the unit by supporting in drafting documents and reports, handling scientific and/or administrative work, searching and reviewing literature, and ensuring timely communication of outcomes
- Contribute to specific projects and activities with new ideas and innovative solutions
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the unit’s activities
- have obtained a university degree of at least 3 years by the closing date of applications
- have a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 according to CEFR)
- have never been an EFSA trainee or employed by EFSA in any capacity, receiving any sort of remuneration
- knowledge of/ or experience in an area relating to the activities of EFSA
- ability to work cooperatively with others in teams and across organisational boundaries and respect differences between people
- ability to identify the critical facts in difficult issues and develop creative and practical solutions
- ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work
- ability to search, gather and interpret evidence (data and information) within the remit of the unit from all relevant sources
- ability to manage time, resources and information in an effective manner for the achievement of the expected project results
- ability to convey complex concepts and make them understandable to the target audience
Wage/Fees: The selected trainees would receive a monthly grant of €1,150. For more information on benefits and working conditions please consult the Decision of the Executive Director of EFSA on traineeship at EFSA
- Candidates apply electronically via the online recruitment tool (selecting 2 areas of interest in order of preference). Candidates can update or withdraw their applications at any time.
- Applications are screened against the eligibility criteria defined in the Traineeship Call.
- Eligible candidates will be screened by EFSA's units taking into account the candidates' preferences indicated in the application and their competencies.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to undergo a telephone or on-line interview to discuss suitability for the role, mutual expectations and possible starting date.
- As a result of the interview, candidates can be selected, rejected or placed in a reserve list for future positions.
- Successful candidates will receive a Traineeship offer, stating the starting date, the tasks, the duration of the traineeship and the list of documents to be submitted before the start date.
European Food Safety Authority
Via Carlo Magno 1A 43126 Parma - ITALY
edited by Ludovica Mondati
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.