Are you a EU/EEA/EFTA citizen? Have you completed your first cycle of university education? Don’t miss this great opportunity to work for an important European Agency such as the EIT: apply now!
For more opportunities go to Europe
Organization/Company: The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is a unique EU initiative that boosts innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe with one simple idea: through diversity, there is strength. It supports the development of dynamic pan-European partnerships between leading universities, research labs and companies. Together, they develop innovative products and services, start new companies, and train a new generation of entrepreneurs. They bring ideas to market, turn students into entrepreneurs and, most importantly, they innovate. These partnerships are known as EIT Innovation Communities.
The EIT’s support helps innovators and entrepreneurs across Europe to turn their ideas into products and services for the market. This is crucial to fulfilling the mission of the EIT: delivering the jobs and sustainable economic growth opportunities that Europe is seeking.The EIT is playing a vital role in helping to increase economic growth and create jobs.
The EIT is an integral part of Horizon 2020, the EU’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. Horizon 2020 is a key pillar of the Innovation Union – a Europe 2020 flagship initiative that aims to enhance Europe’s global competitiveness.
Duty Station: Budapest
Open To: Everyone who meets the requirements
Timeframe: Not specified
Job description: Traineeships at the EIT are addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who - in the framework of lifelong learning - have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The aim of traineeships at the EIT is to:
- Provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the EIT
- Enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work at the EIT Headquarters
- Promote European integration through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship
- Enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence
The EIT through its traineeship scheme benefits from the input of young enthusiastic graduates who can give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge, which will enhance the everyday work of the EIT; and creates a pool of young people with first-hand experience of and trained in EIT procedures, who will be better prepared to collaborate and cooperate with the EIT in the future; specifically as professionals of knowledge and innovation communities and, in a manner, as ambassadors for European ideas and values both within and outside the European Union.
- Candidates must have completed, by the closing date for applications, the first cycle of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent
- Candidates from EU Member States must have very good knowledge of English and another EU official language
- Candidates from EEA/EFTA Member States, candidate countries and from the USA, Japan, South Korea and the BRICS countries must have very good knowledge of English, the working language of the EIT
- Applicants are required to have a general behaviour compatible with the security requirements of the EIT and to be physically fit to perform the tasks
Wage: Expected, not mentioned the amount
Application process: To apply, simply go to the EIT website (see Useful links), create an account and submit your application.
Useful information: The EIT wishes to offer to as many people as possible the opportunity of in-service training. Therefore, traineeships are only open to candidates who have not:
- Benefited yet or benefit from any kind of traineeship (formal or informal, paid or unpaid) within a European Institution or body
- Had or have any kind of employment within a European Institution or body, delegation or representation office, including anyone who is or has been an assistant to a Member of the European Parliament, an intra-muros consultant or researcher, a temporary staff member, a contract staff member, an auxiliary staff member or an interim staff member of any EU Institution, body, delegation or representative office
- Had or have any paid traineeship, employment or other contractual relationship with the existing Knowledge and Innovation Communities (i.e. the legal entity and partners of EIT ICTLabs, InnoEnergy, Climate KIC)
EIT Headquarters: Infopark - Building E
1 Neumann Janos utca 1117
Main Switchboard: +36 14 819 300
edited by Ruino Martina Pia
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.