Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) is seeking creative, organized, passionate, and hard-working applicants for a full-time six month Advocacy Internship, starting in July/August 2019, based in Dublin, Ireland. Take this opportunity and start working for an international organization!
For more opportunities go to: Europe.
Organization: Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) fosters awareness of and support for democracy and human rights in Bahrain and the Middle East.
Duty Station: Dublin, Ireland.
Open To: Graduates.
Timeframe: Full-time six month Advocacy Internship, starting in July/August 2019.
- Research human rights crises and issues in the Arab Gulf region and their relations to the international human rights legal framework;
- Draft policy papers and advocacy letters to the Irish parliament and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in support ADHRB’s mission;
- Assist in ADHRB’s preparations for engaging with the United Nations Human Rights Council;
- Attend and report on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings in the Irish parliament and Ministry of Foreign Affairs during legislative and parliamentary sessions;
- Attend meetings with international and national actors, including NGOs, to discuss human rights in Bahrain;
- Attend meetings with policymakers to discuss human rights in Bahrain and the Arab Gulf region;
- Organize events and panels at local universities and in parliament to brief policymakers, NGO partners, and members of the public;
- Strengthen national NGO partnerships through regular coordination and cooperation;
- Support social media activities and provide administrative support where needed.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled in a graduate program and have an undergraduate degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law, or a related field with:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Motivation, strong organizational skills, and ability to be self-starting;
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office and social media platforms, in particular Twitter;
- An interest in the Middle East and North Africa, or democracy and human rights promotion;
- Ability to commit full-time – up to 40 hours per week.
Languages and Location:
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Candidates must be based in Dublin.
Wage/Fees: Unpaid internship.
Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain
Address: 1001 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 205, Washington, D.C. 20036
Tel.: (202) 621-6141
Tel. (international): +001 (202) 621-6141
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org