Already successful with donors in Germany, Norway, France and European Union, CI Europe is now seeking to engage with other relevant European countries such as the Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland and the United Kingdom. As such, CI Europe is seeking a resourceful individual to further develop existing and/or new relationships and engagement with public donors in these countries!
For more opportunities go to: Europe.
Organization: Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Duty Station: Brussels, Belgium.
Open To: Graduates.
Successfully develop and manage Conservation International’s relationship with assigned European bilateral donors:
- Lead communications with donor representatives;
- Build donor intelligence (existing and prospective donors);
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of donor engagement strategy;
- Support networking and profile-raising activities;
- Develop communication tools as needed.
Raise public funds to support CI’s field programs:
- Active scanning of the funding environment based on the needs and interests of CI’s field programs and technical teams;
- Develop relationships with potential fundraising prospects;
- Lead proposal development process for assigned donors;
- Maintain on-schedule reporting process and meet specific donor reporting needs and strengthen reporting processes; review donor reports to ensure high-quality and timely reports are submitted to donors;
- Keep accurate record of concept note and proposal pipeline;
- Reinforce CI’s position as a trusted advisor to the European Commission and targeted European Governments by organizing high-level meetings and exchanges for senior CI staff visiting Europe and European partners visiting field programs or CI headquarters;
- Support CI’s goals by promoting CI’s policy objectives in Europe, sharing strategic contacts and contributing to coherent approach in Europe;
- Raise awareness about the role of Europe and other relevant partners within CI and create awareness of the importance of engaging in these partnerships.
- Proven track record ability to fundraise and network, developing and managing partnerships across a range of stakeholders;
- Graduate degree in environmental studies, public policy, international relations/development studies or natural resource management and minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the institutional framework of the targeted European Governments and/or the European Commission;
- Extensive contacts in the corresponding environment and development communities;
- Excellent understanding of conservation, development and political issues in Europe and globally;
- Strong writing and oral skills in English;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment that requires collaboration and networking with others in dispersed locations;
- Willingness to travel as needed (European countries, USA and possibly field locations);
- Candidates should be EU nationals or have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Knowledge of one or more additional European languages.
Wage/Fees: Paid position.
Application process: Please fill the form on the offer webpage to apply for this position.
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22202
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org