The European Court of Auditors contribute to improving EU financial management, promote accountability and transparency. Now you have the opportunity to apply for one the traineeships offered by ECA!
For more opportunities go to Europe
Organization/Company: The European Court of Auditors is the EU institution for auditing the EU’s finances. It was established in 1977 and became a fully-fledged EU institution in 1993. The ECA is committed to being an efficient organisation at the forefront of developments in public audit and administration.
As the EU's independent external auditor, the ECA contributes to improving EU financial management, promotes accountability and transparency, and acts as the independent guardian of the financial interests of the citizens of the Union.
The ECA checks if the budget of the European Union has been implemented correctly, and that EU funds have been raised and spent legally and in accordance with the principles of sound financial management. As Europe faces ever greater challenges and increasing pressure on its public finances, the ECA’s role increases in importance.
Duty Station: Luxemburg
Open To: European Union citizens with a university diploma
Timeframe: The European Court of Auditors organises three traineeship sessions per year in areas of interest to its work. Traineeships are granted for three, four or five months maximum.
The three sessions are organised each year with the following start dates:
- 1 February
- 1 May
- 1 September
Deadline: October, 31st
Job description: The traineeships consist about Administration, Law, External and Internal Relations, Communication and such like.
Qualifications: In order to be eligible to carry out a period of traineeship, applicants must:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, except where a derogation has been granted by the appointing authority
- either hold a recognised university-level diploma or have completed at least four semesters of university study in an area of interest to the Court
- wish to obtain practical training related to one of the Court of Auditors' areas of activity
- have not already benefited from a traineeship at any EU institution or body
- state that they have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of at least one other official European Union language.
Wage: The internship may be remunerated (1120 €/month) or non-remunerated depending on the budgetary appropriations available.
Application process: if interested, visit the page of the offer
European Court of Auditors
12, rue Alcide De Gasperi
Tel. : +352 4398-1
edited by Ludovica Mondati
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.