The Edinburgh University offers scholarships for academic merit to outstanding students with financial needs. It will be a formidable experience from which participants stand to not only a high-level training, but they will be the protagonists of a human experience that they won’t forget anymore
If you are interested in similar opportunities visit the Education section of our web site
Organization: For more than four centuries the University of Edinburgh is changing the world. Today it still offers its brand in order to prepare the “pioners” of tomorrow!
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is today one of the world’s top 20 universities in the world. The campus is perfectly integrated with the rest of the city, offering a big variety of offers of high cultural level: museums, theaters and high-level events throughout the year.
The requirements needed to take advantage of its scholarship are the following:
- Membership of a Member State EU;
- At the moment of registration, be resident in a country belonging to the EU by at least three years;
- Be enrolled in a degree course in Scotland;
- Do not be already in possession of a qualification for which attainment has already enjoyed support from EU budget
Duty Station: Edinburgh, Scotland
Open to: Students
Timeframe: Summer 2017
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Description: Edinburgh is one of the best and most beautiful city for studying worldwide. The Summer School provides an opportunity to experience the highest level of education. Next to the educational component, the social program organized by the Summer School is highly competitive and the university staff is greatly qualified.
At this link you can find the list of courses available at the 'University of Edinburgh
Qualifications: The Scholarships are competitive and awarded both on the basis of financial support deemed necessary and academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university or college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course
Wage/fees: A limited number of scholarships are available, equal to a tuition fee waiver of 100%, 50%, or 25%
Application process: .
- Choose the course you are interested in from our course listing
- Contact your Study Abroad or International Office and ask them to complete this form to confirm your current academic status – Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
- Complete the Summer School’s online application form, stating within your Personal Statement that you would like to apply for the Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship.
- When promoted to upload your supporting documents, please include all standard supporting documentation required for your course type, plus a signed copy of the Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
General enquiries: + 44 (0)131 651 5098
Application enquiries: + 44 (0)131 650 9418
Edited by Sara Candido
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible nor liable for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
International Careers Course: learn from the experts of the field how to start off your career
The Giovani nel Mondo Association is glad to announce the second edition of the International Careers Course, a project entirely devoted to the comprehension of the dynamics, mechanics and procedures which are the foundation of the structured, complex and competitive world of international careers.
More than 200 participants attended the previous edition and the Course is now ready to come back in March with a new look within the International Careers Festival. English will be the official working language during the four days of the Conference; participants will be provided with the opportunity to live a truly international experience in a definitely multicultural environment. Around 500 places are available for the International Careers Course and 50 scholarships have been made available by the Association. Do not miss the opportunity and apply now!
With his practical oriented approach the Course will provide students with the opportunity to be directed and to be informed about the different paths of the international field directly from experts of the international institutions and NGO’s, a precious moment to start up your career.
The Course is articulated in different areas of interest:
- COMPETITIVE EXAMS – This area will offer the participants a comprehensive overview about the world of International careers. Some important competitive exams, such as EPSO contest for the European Union and the Diplomatic/Foreign Service Exams, will be introduced by our experts;
- WORKING ABROAD and FOCUS ON INSTITUTIONS – In this Area Countries, UN agencies and NGOs will be explored and participants will get in touch with Ambassadors, UN Officers, Delegates, etc;
- LANGUAGES – The importance of language certifications and unusual languages skills in a successful CV;
- SOFT SKILLS AREA – This area is fully dedicated to the soft skills learning, such as decision making process & problem solving, communication skills (speech and public speaking), technical skills, team working, etc.
For more information please visit our website and discover the four projects of the Festival!
The four-day Course is structured around seminars and workshops. Firstly, all participants will have the chance to attend information sessions with some important experts of the field providing the students with their experiences and advices about the main opportunities for educational paths and stage in Italy and abroad. The Course will be a unique opportunity to get in touch with HR officers and finding a concrete opportunity. Secondly, students will attend practical session with simulation of competitive exams – EPSO contest for the European Union and the application form to the UN – and simulation of language certificate exams; moreover, practical advices to improve CV and cover letter, and writing abilities will be dispensed during these sessions. Workshops held by some important international bodies officers will enrich the Course, few examples about the first edition WEP, Save the Children, Amnesty International, UNHCR, UNICEF, ready to steer all participants towards the right path for an international career.
The International Careers Course and the Festival are sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of International Communication, IFAD - International Fund for Agricultural Development, the World Food Programme and ISPI – Institute for International Political Studies.
What about the other official partners of this second edition? Do not miss all news about the Festival and follow us on our website Internationalcareersfestival.org!
For more information:
Giovani nel Mondo Association
Via Policarpo Petrocchi 10
00137 Roma – Italia