“We need to cultivate a universal responsibility for one another and the planet we share.” If you share the vision of Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, then you absolutely need to send the application for this extraordinary opportunity!
For more opportunities go to: Education
Organization: Housed at the University of Virginia’s Contemplative Science Center, Dalai Lama Fellows cultivates and supports a global movement of next generation leaders integrating contemplative work with social innovation to solve global challenges in locally adapted ways to promote human flourishing.
They all share a vision for common humanity, and a love for own localities, communities, and cultures, but somehow they have overemphasized profit, growth, and organizational metrics over wellbeing and deep interconnection with others and the worlds in which they are embedded.
Dalai Lama Fellows seek to broaden and deepen emerging leaders’ perspectives on what’s best for both their communities and the world as a whole now and for generations to come, calling on them to think and behave differently, and to seek realistic, innovative, integrated and expansive ways to address local and global challenges in interconnected manners.
Duty Station: not specified
Open To: the fellowship is open to next generation leaders who are between ages 20-35 years
Timeframe: There are some important dates to remember:
- February 3, 2019: All applications due;
- April 15 - 30, 2019: All Fellows are selected and notified;
- May 1-June 2019: Virtual Onboarding of Fellows and Preliminary Curriculum;
- June 2019 (TBD): 5 Day Global Assembly in the United States;
- July 2019 - May 2020: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, monthly coaching calls, learning groups, project implementation in local communities;
- June 2020 and beyond: 5 Day Gobal Assembly in the United States.
Deadline: February 3, 2019
Job description: The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama. This curriculum will help the candidate to become more mindful, increase awareness of own inner values and how they relate to the work, deeply connect with people around and provide new ways of building sustainable solutions to complex problems. Dalai Lama Fellows, founded in 2010 with the inspiration and encouragement of the 14th Dalai Lama, is reimagining leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values and local understanding to solve global challenges at the communal level. The program is secular and ecumenical.
The Fellowships are destined to such next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas: mitigating economic disparity, diminishing violence, gender inequity, improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, facilitating new and more holistic educational approaches, and enhancing environmental sustainability.
Qualifications: In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
- Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
- Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year;
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question;
- Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
- Attendance at week-long Global Assembly in June 2019 and again in June 2020, participation in monthly coaching calls through video conference, participation in monthly group calls with other Fellows, completion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
Application process: The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Background and Overview
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Essay Questions
- Application Video
In order to apply for this fellowship you need to visit the Link to the offer
Useful links: Link to the offer
Phone +1 434.982.6057
edited by Beatrice Baruffa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org