You can’t lose the opportunity to work and have fun participating in the Academic Exchange Program where you’ll have the opportunity to gain job experience in the fabulous Walt Disney World® Resort
For more opportunities go to Education
Organization/Company: the Academic Exchange Program is part of Disney’s International Programs and enables you to take courses of study as you gain academic training at Walt Disney World® Resort. As part of this program, you'll have the opportunity to learn directly from some of the most talented entertainment and guest service professionals in the industry. Participants will expand their education, network with experts, and make lifelong connections with people from around the world. One of the most unique aspects of Disney International Programs is just how international they really are. Every day, you'll have the experience of living and working with cast members from all over the world
Duty Station: Orlando, Florida
Open To: people:
- at least 18 years of age at time of application submission
- engaged in an appropriate course of study
Timeframe: not specified
Deadline: not mentioned
Job description: as part of the program, you'll have the opportunity to take courses at the U.S. host college or university. This program offers different job positions that can be checked on the program's page following the link below, or following the links one by one here listed:
Regarding the courses you can follow while working during this exchange, you can check the subsequent link where you will find all the infos needed:
Qualifications: there aren’t many qualifications that are necessary to participate. The few ones mentioned are:
- to participate in the Academic Exchange Program, your academic institution must have an exchange partnership with a participating U.S. college or university
- to speak fluent English
- to be currently enrolled and in good academic standing at a participating international college or university
- to be able to exit the United States and return home upon completion of the program
Wage/Fees: not mentioned
Application process: to apply you’ll need to register on the Disney’s web page at the following link:
Contact information: all contacts may be found on the program’s page uplisted
edited by Ludovica Mango
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
“Even if you find a problem, you will find a solution as well”. This is how today, at the Opening Ceremony of the Rome International Careers Festival, Eva Ratti defined the role of a researcher. She focuses her attention on PhD, a payed training under a supervisor.
After having graduated from Astrophysics in Italy, Eva Ratti went to the Netherlands and was granted a PhD. Then, coming back to Italy, she became aware of the lack of opportunities for “Philosophiae doctors” who choose to stick with science.
As statistics show, only 5% of those who take a PhD continue with research, while the other 95% have to find another job. That’s why people think that there is no future for research in Italy and most of the Italian researchers leave their country to go abroad.
“Staying abroad helps you open your mind to other cultures, share your opinions, compare ideas and work on yourself. It makes you become a citizen of the world. On the other side, it is difficult to stay away from home, having to deal with another language and a different culture.” Eva said. In order to solve this problem, Eva Ratti decided to create a startup, with the aim of fueling the innovation power of companies and organizations by connecting them with those coming from a scientific research experience who are seeking career opportunities in the corporate world. Although society and science are considered two separate worlds, Eva underlines the fact that these realities are interacting and that “the methods of science affect our everyday life and thinking heavily”. An example to clarify is when you take medicines in a certain way, you trust the pharmacist who sold it to you . The pharmacist trusts the producers of the medicine and these people trust the research.
Eva Ratti stresses the concept that knowing science helps you in many ways since its very nature makes you grow a critical and thoughtful mentality. Ultimately, thanks to these knowledges you’ll less naif and more aware of the world around you. In this sense, for those who choose to get a PhD with true motivation and awareness, applying one's knowledge to everyday life could be an added value, given the fact that researchers are best trained to face the challenges of innovation.
Giulia Maccone, Giordana Falzea, Alessandro Triolo